22 August 2007

Life is a Song

Hi, folks. Pieter here again... with a post today that can change your life.

People don't always know what to respond when they ask me how I am and I give them my favorite response.
"Life is a Song. Sing it!"

Many would answer, "It is not going well with my life. I don't feel like singing."
Maybe your response would have been similar. You would be missing the point.
What I am saying is this: Life might not be giving you a choice of words in the Song of Life, but you can choose your own tune. Some people are always singing sad songs, irrespective of the words.

You cannot always change the circumstances of your life, but you can choose your attitudes. Solomon also knew this truth. He wrote:

"All the days of the desponding and afflicted are made evil by anxious thoughts and forebodings, but he who has a glad heart has a continual feast regardless of circumstances. (Prov 15:15 Ampl)

I also enjoy the way it is stated in The Message, "A miserable heart means a miserable life; a cheerful heart fills the day with song."

Does this mean that I am one of those people for whom happiness and joy comes naturally?
Actually not. I am a very serious person of nature. Just like you, I have to constantly remind myself to make an active choice to respond positively to negative circumstances.

It is only when you have the joy and peace of God in your heart that He can give you the strength and courage to stand up under your circumstances and do something about it.

If you are going to follow this blog and continue the journey to your divine destiny by following God's process for His purpose in your life, you will be much better off if you have a smile on your face and a song in your heart. This journey is not for sissies.

Until next time....

Pieter de Waal

No comments:

Powered By Blogger